This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

A socket operation encountered a dead network

Topics: Bluetooth - Other
Mar 4, 2015 at 4:05 PM
I have written some code for a client to allow them to connect to a Bluetooth device using the 32feet.Net library. I have tested the code using my desktop which is running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 with a USB Bluetooth Dongle attached. I don't know the make of the dongle but it came with a driver CD and the code works perfectly when this is used.

I also have a version of the tablet that the customer is to use, which is running Windows 7 Ultimate. The tablet has built-in Bluetooth. When I run my code on that tablet it runs perfectly well.

However, my client observes some peculiar behaviour. He is able to connect once to a device, but if he disconnects then connects again he sees the following error:

A socket operation encountered a dead network
But, if he deletes the device from Printers and Devices he can reconnect. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this?

The only difference between the device my client is running and the one that I am running is that my client has the language set to German on his tablet.