This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Intel PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth chipset (USB VID 8087, PID 07DA)

Topics: Bluetooth - Microsoft
Aug 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM
I have a .NET application running on a Panasonic CF-19 Toughbook running Windows 7 x86 using version 3.4.429 of InTheHand.Net.Personal.dll and have confirmed that the Microsoft Bluetooth stack is being used. The Bluetooth radio is native to the Toughbook and is provided by the Intel PROSet/Wireless chipset (USB VID 8087, PID 07DA). I'm finding that my application's call to BluetoothSecurity.PairRequest() is not always successful. In fact, oftentimes I have to close and restart my application, in conjunction with powering the radio on/off (via the laptop's "wireless" switch) in order for this method to be successful.

Note that when I power off the Toughbook's native Bluetooth radio and use a D-Link DBT-120 bluetooth dongle (VID 0A12, PID 0001 - Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI Mode), with everything else being equal (i.e. same .NET application using version 3.4.429 of InTheHand.Net.Personal.dll and the Microsoft Bluetooth stack), call to BluetoothSecurity.PairRequest() is always successful and communications with my Bluetooth device works perfectly.

Is there a known incompatibility with the Intel PROSet/Wireless chipset and the Microsoft Bluetooth stack?
Thank you.