BsBSD.DLL error and D-Link DBT-122 USB BT dongle??

Topics: Bluetooth - BlueSoliel, Bluetooth - Microsoft
Dec 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Anyone here able to highlight a funny issue I'm now having??

Story...

had Widcomm BT stack S/w installed successfully got SPP working, Then wanted to get the MS stack to work via SPP.

Received help from  Arturo Gurrola (Thank-you very much for your help too) on this but when I tried the C# code I got a msg to say BsSDK.dll was missing. Found out that this was for Bluesoil stack so WHAT'S GOING ON??

was using BT drivers dated 2004 for the dongle and it implied to my reading that I was using their stack - Fine unloaded that rebooted and tried the code again only to have it throw the same error at me.

Downloaded a more resent driver lastnight ver 5 something tried that only to get the same error again.

Has anyone had this issue before.

Developer
Dec 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Is this stopping in the debugger? Have you changed your debugger to stop at "first chance exceptions" i.e. stop at all exceptions even though they are handled correctly. If so just do Continue and the library will continue and load the Microsoft stack.

Which of the Stack Indentification pictures match? http://32feet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Stack%20Identification&referringTitle=Documentation

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Okay I've got control panel->system->device manager-> Bluetooth 2 enteries.

1. Bluetooth Bus Emulator - this states Mfg is  boardcom  and driver ver is 5.1.0.1100

2. Fromosa 1 - Properties states it Device is a D-Link  and location is Location 0 (D-Link DBT-122).

Just ran app again and the text below is what is put to the terminal below.

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Microsoft Bluetooth stack not supported (r
adio).
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An attempt was made to load a progr
am with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B) ---> System.Pl
atformNotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incor
rect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B) ---> System.BadImageFormatExce
ption: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exceptio
n from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'BsSDK': The specified module co
uld not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Their is no continue button as the program just crashes.

Dave

Developer
Dec 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Edited Dec 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM

OK. So it actually seems that the PC is using the Broadcom/Widcomm stack.  What stack do you want to use here? Do you want Microsoft or Broadcom/Widcomm?

When I run with no Bluetooth supported I see the following logging:

32feet.NET: 'InTheHand.Net.Personal, Version=3.5.605.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ea38caa273134499'
   versions: '3.5.605.0' and '3.5.0605.0'.
IBtIf using WidcommStBtIf.
Dependency DLL '32feetWidcomm' status: NotFound.
System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Microsoft Bluetooth stack not supported (radio).
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Dependency DLL '32feetWidcomm' status: NotFound. ---> System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Dependency DLL '32feetWidcomm' status: NotFound. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL '32feetWidcomm': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'BsSDK': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

So we get errors in order: Microsoft, Widcomm, BlueSoleil.

So the second exception in your case is from the Widcomm support, and Windows is saying that the DLL is bad.

I presume you have the 32feetWidcomm.dll file in the same folder as the app. What happens if you copy the Test32FeetWidcommWin32.exe file into the same folder and run it from a command prompt? Also Is your copy of Windows x86 or x86?

See more at http://32feet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Broadcom

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Okay,

Removed the BT DBT122 Dongle (i actually have versions A, B and C of which B is the majority), Anyway this is what i get when I run my app.

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Microsoft Bluetooth stack not supported (r
adio).
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An attempt was made to load a progr
am with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B) ---> System.Pl
atformNotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incor
rect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B) ---> System.BadImageFormatExce
ption: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exceptio
n from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'BsSDK': The specified module co
uld not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

this is what i get when i run the Test32FeetWidcommWin32.exe

32feet.NET using Widcomm stack dependency checker tool.
We will attempt to load and use the 32feetWidcomm support.

Did find 32feetWidcomm.dll file. :-)
Did find 32feetWidcomm.dll DLL. :-)
DLL found at >>C:\Program Files\32feet.NET\Broadcom\Win32-x86\32feetWidcomm.dll<
<
Calling init function...
32feet.NET's Widcomm SDK Version  : 6.1.0.1506
32feet.NET's Widcomm Stack Version: 5.1.0.1100
   Success
Calling radio address function...
   Didn't get radio address!
Hit Return to continue>

C:\Program Files\32feet.NET\Broadcom\Win32-x86>

I have another PC so will try to load the same BT dongle to that and run my app on that PC to see if it throws up the same error (I wouldn't be surprised if it's something to do with the Widcomm stack s/w I had installed and since removed).