This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

System.PlatformNotSupportedException on Broadcom

Topics: Bluetooth - Widcomm/Broadcom
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Hi,

First of all Thank you very much wonderful library. I am using the InTheHand v 3.5 library for my bluetooth test application. It works fine in my Windows 7 laptop which has Broadcom hardware installed with Microsoft bluetooth stack. When i test with Windows XP SP3 (using Virtual PC), it gives following error:

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: No supported Bluetooth protocol stack found.
   at InTheHand.Net.Bluetooth.Factory.BluetoothFactory.GetStacks_inLock()
   at InTheHand.Net.Bluetooth.Factory.BluetoothFactory.get_Factories()
   at InTheHand.Net.Sockets.BluetoothClient..ctor()

In Windows XP I am using driver from Broadcom (Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth Module Application)

I uninstalled Broadcom/Widcomm driver and installed Microsoft stack and found to be working. But how can i make it work for Broadcom device. I have copied InTheHand.Net.Personal.dll, 32feetWidcomm.dll and btwapi.dll in same directory and found btwapi in 32feetWidcomm.dll using Dependency Walker software. Please let me know how to solve this.

Thanks in Advance,

Developer
Dec 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Are you sure it is using the Broadcom/Widcomm stack? Dell used to use the Toshiba stack. See some stack identification pictures at http://32feet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Stack%20Identification&referringTitle=Documentation

We have no support for that stack since Toshiba impose an odd license on developers who want to use their stack.