Message Access Profile (MAP) support

Topics: Bluetooth - Microsoft
Sep 25, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Hi, last days i implement well the PBAP with a simple sample code in this discussion directory (and so many hours reading the bluetooth website white papers).

Now i want to implement a MAP for extract the inbox, outbox, drafts folders but i don't anything about MAP service on library 32Feet.NET.

I wondering if anyboby can help me with a few lines of code, explanation or how i can  to start that module into my project.

For pbap normally we need something like this:

BluetoothDeviceInfo selecteddevice = bldialog.SelectedDevice;
                    BluetoothEndPoint remoteEndPoint = new BluetoothEndPoint(selecteddevice.DeviceAddress,
                                                                       BluetoothService.PhonebookAccess);

Where usually we "select"  the device and prepare the type of service on a remote endpoint (device).

Then, we create the proper session with the parameteres specifiyng the pbap :

client = new BluetoothClient();
                    try
                    {
                        client.Connect(remoteEndPoint);
                        session = new ObexClientSession(client.GetStream(), 65535);
                        session.Connect(new byte[]  = { 0x79, 0x61, 0x35, 0xf0, 0xf0, 0xc5,  0x11, 0xd8, 0x09, 0x66,  0x08, 0x00, 0x20, 0x0c, 0x9a, 0x66 });
                    }
                    catch (SocketException ex)
                    {
                        ExceptionHandler(ex, false);
                        return;
                    }
                    catch (ObjectDisposedException ex)
                    {
                        return;
                    }
                    catch (IOException ex)
                    {
                        return;
                    }
Then, we set the headers and the channel are prepared to "GET" the PB on a local stream or a buffer ...
So, i need help for extract now the sms structure (with MAP service) inbox, outbox etc.
thanks.
Jun 5, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Has anyone figured this out? Or at least got the MAP/sms working receieve/send current messages? Looking for some sample code that does some basic commands with the MAP service.