"No supported Bluetooth protocol stack found." with BlueSoliel

Topics: Bluetooth - BlueSoliel
May 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM

My app work well with Microsoft's stack.

But with BlueSoliel 5.0.5.178, when I new BluetoothClient(), then catch a exception "No supported Bluetooth protocol stack found."

What's the problem?

Thanks!

Developer
Jun 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You might find that for a robust solution you just install the Microsoft stack itself. (Go to Device Manager and change the driver on the BTH radio to a MSFT driver).

However, to see why loading the stack failed check the trace logging at 32feet.NET library startup.  You should be able to see it in a debugger, or set-up file/etc logging -- e.g. use the app.config file in the release copied and renamed to suit your app.

May 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM
I'm also getting the same problem but code run on laptop but when i m running on desktop pc it shows error that "No supported Bluetooth protocol stack found."

Until i didn't get any answer.

In my Device Manager:
           Bluetooth Radios
                         My new generic Bluetooth adapter 
Developer
May 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Edited May 28, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Is that Device Manager from laptop or PC?

Have a read of https://32feet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Supported%20Hardware%20and%20Software&referringTitle=Documentation

It seems the PC has BlueSoleil or some other Bluetooth software installed and the 32feet.NET library can't access it. The easiest solution described in that document is to install the Microsoft Bluetooth software -- then 32feet.NET will have no problems accessing Bluetooth.

Presumable the laptop has that

[[Fixed huge text size!!]]