C# samples required

Topics: Bluetooth - BlueSoliel
Feb 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Hi Alan,

I have installed v3.3 and need to do the following:

1. Fill list with available devices in range
2. Connect to required device from list
3. Send text instruction to paired device, e.g. ":R\r"
4. Receive text reply from device, e.g. "23.5" (from a temperature probe)

I need to do this on both Win32 and Windows CE devices, (PDAs), and in C#

I have managed to get it to work using your VB examples for CF, but having connection issues
when trying to do the same with a Win32 app, I have a BlueSoliel adaptor for the Win32 app and
I think my PDAs use either MS or Widcomm.

I'm basically looking for some concise C# samples that will do the above.

Thanks for a great library and I look forward to your reply.

Paul.

Developer
Feb 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM

So the problem is thus with BlueSoleil and nothing in your code.  Its SDK/API is not very good.  See my reply to a similar question tonight at http://32feet.codeplex.com/discussions/292638  As I noted there the best solution may simply be to not use BlueSoleil. :-,(

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Hi Alan,

Many thanks for your reply, you have confirmed what I thought, BlueSoleil is not the best solution.

In your opinion what would be the best stack if I am to use InTheHand, is it MS or Widcomm (Broadcom)?

Thanks,
Paul.

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 12:59:40 -0800
Subject: Re: C# samples required [32feet:289719]

So the problem is thus with BlueSoleil and nothing in your code. Its SDK/API is not very good. See my reply to a similar question tonight at http://32feet.codeplex.com/discussions/292638 As I noted there the best solution may simply be to not use BlueSoleil. :-,(
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (32feet@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email 32feet@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Developer
Feb 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Microsoft is the best for this.

(Widcomm is a harder to set-up correctly, because since they use a C++ API so we need to install an extra native DLL.  Regardless, Widcomm's standard installation for Windows Vista and later is to install only their applications and use the Microsoft Bluetooth stack to speak to the dongle so the Widcomm stack is becoming rarer).

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Ok, thank you for your valued advice.

Paul.

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:17:50 -0800
Subject: Re: C# samples required [32feet:289719]

Microsoft is the best for this.
(Widcomm is a harder to set-up correctly, because since they use a C++ API so we need to install an extra native DLL. Regardless, Widcomm's standard installation for Windows Vista and later is to install only their applications and use the Microsoft Bluetooth stack to speak to the dongle so the Widcomm stack is becoming rarer).
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (32feet@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email 32feet@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Developer
Feb 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM

No bother. :-)