What i need for RFCOMM connection to a Remote device?

Topics: Bluetooth - Microsoft
Jan 31, 2015 at 10:02 PM
Hi all,

hope you can help me.
I hafe a Remote device (Motorola RS507). This device is a "Ringscanner" and have no input control (so i can't and wnat use pairing code to create a connection).

Now my question is what do i need for a RFCOMM connection on windows side.
Do i need a RFCOMM server or RFCOMM client in 32feet?
I have search google to find out what i need and for a clear right sample but i have found nothing.

My szenario looks like this:
  • RS507 scanner scanning a barcode (the Barcode is the MAC adress of the Bluetooth 4.0 dongle at the Windows PC). after this scan the RS507 automaticaly try to connect to the given MAC
  • on Windows side a need a app what recive the connection request and aprove it without pairing code.
  • after the connection is established, the windows app receive data from RS507 device and also will send data to the device.
Currently i do all this staff with a application i have build with a small basic language called PureBasic. With this app i only open a connection to the Virtual COM port of the MS BlueTooth stack. The pairing is handled by the MS Stack it self (also without pair code).

Hope you can help me and the best is if you have a small VB.net sample.

Thanks to all of you for your help and sorry for my bad english :D,
Nico
Mar 18, 2016 at 1:06 AM
Hi Nico,

I have the exact same requirement as yours, stated "Remote device (Motorola RS507). This device is a "Ringscanner. I want to manage these devices using a C# windows forms application (like add a new scanner, remove a scanner ..)".

Were you been able to get hold of an .NET (c#) app?

Thanks
Sam
Sun at 11:57 AM
ssunder wrote:
Hi Nico,

I have the exact same requirement as yours, stated "Remote device (Motorola RS507). This device is a "Ringscanner. I want to manage these devices using a C# windows forms application (like add a new scanner, remove a scanner ..)".

Were you been able to get hold of an .NET (c#) app?

Thanks
Sam
Hi Sam,

Have you found a solution?
No one from 32feet written to this post, the samples don't show how to do it on a real scenario (a chat is not a real scenario).

Maybe some one can aswer what we need to communicate with a hardware devcies (a RFCOMM server or client).

Thanks,
Nic