Receive files via Obex on Embedded 6.5 Professional

Topics: Bluetooth - Microsoft, OBEX
Jul 24, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Hi,

I've been using 32feet and it's been working great! Working on a CE5 device, I can get the device to send and receive files using Obex transfer.

When trying the same on a Windows Embedded 6.5 Professional device, I can get the device to send files, however when trying to receive files, the OS on the device intercepts and saves the file, instead of ObexListener / ObexListenerContext / ObexListenerRequest. I've been searching for a way to disable the OS grabbing the file before the listener.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Or does anyone know what I can possibly do to overcome the issue?

Any ideas or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Vincent.
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Hi,

Just an update. I've found and followed the recommendations for disabling the Microsoft Obex server (https://32feet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=One%20Active%20Server) however now the device does not register that a file is being sent to it at all. The listener is running, but not receiving any files, nor does the sender report back with an error?

Vincent.
Marked as answer by vincentsillifant on 7/25/2014 at 12:23 AM
Jul 25, 2014 at 7:23 AM
After changing the registry setting, I needed to reboot the device. Thereafter the listener worked as expected.

Vincent.
Marked as answer by vincentsillifant on 7/25/2014 at 12:23 AM