how to circumvent Windows "A bluetooth device is trying to connect"

Topics: Bluetooth - Microsoft
Apr 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I'm attempting to use 32feet to open a serial connection to a bluetooth device. My code is very simple:
 using (BluetoothClient client = new BluetoothClient())
 {
                var address = new BluetoothAddress(0xecfe7e11c3af);
                BluetoothEndPoint endPoint = new BluetoothEndPoint(address, BluetoothService.SerialPort);
                client.Connect(endPoint);
                var stream = client.GetStream();
                System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(10000);
}
Whenever I hit the Connect line, windows pops up a bubble notification that "A bluetooth device is trying to connect -- click to allow this". If I click the notification, windows then brings up a wizard that ends up installing virtual COM ports on my system. Is there any way to disable this functionality through the 32feet library? I want the user experience completely contained within my application, and I do not want 2 COM ports installed each time I connect to a different device.

The client bluetooth chip is Bluetooth 4.0. I've previously connected to Bluetooth 2.0 modules where Windows did not interrupt the connection process.
Developer
Apr 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Try catching the authentication process with BluetoothWin32Authentication https://32feet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=BluetoothWin32Authentication&referringTitle=Documentation That will stop the pop-up for authentication and hopefully stop the addition of the COM ports too.