Stream Audio From Phone To Computer

Topics: Bluetooth - Microsoft
Jun 8, 2013 at 2:28 AM
I'm wondering how to replicate what bluetooth speakers and cars do where they pair with the phone and play whatever audio is playing on the phone. Which service do I use and how do I read the data?

Thanks
Jun 8, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Basically I have tried to do this also.

See: https://32feet.codeplex.com/discussions/359892

You shouldn't have to do actually much with the audio. Once the device is paired and connected on via A2DP, all phone audio should just play. i.e. you won't need to actually deal with the raw audio. The stack should just handle all of that automatically assuming it supports A2DP.

My problem was (well still is)
1) Forcing the PC to connect to the phone (with a device that was previously paired) for A2DP streaming
2) Connecting via AVRCP for both metadata information and control (play/pause/next etc).

I have been completely unsuccessful in just getting this basic functionality to work.

If I connect manually from my phone or PC it works just fine but I want it to be automatic for an in car PC and then want metadata access.
Jun 8, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Thanks or the response, I'll play with the AVRCP service. Do you have any source? That would be helpful.
Jun 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Unfortunately no source because I didn't get anywhere in terms of automating it. The closest I got was using the 32feet SetServiceState call (from memory) which basically just enabled or disabled various profiles at the PClike A2DP but didn't connect or disconnect them.

I did buy a Broadcom adapter with the intent of using the L2CAP support but haven't tried it. I really need another adapter to use it on my development machine since this one is in the car now. It does work but I have to manually open the Bluetooth menu on the iPhone and force the connection. Audio plays but that's about it in terms of control. Christian