DesktopPush - Forbidden, final.

Topics: Bluetooth - Microsoft, Samples
Feb 15, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I've got a project where I need to be able to download and upload files (just a few at a time) to a mobile device. I was directed to your library and have been trying to get some basic connection up and kicking.

The DesktopListener and ObexPushApplication worked together perfectly, and while I imagine that's fairly close to what I want, I would like all of the user interaction done on the PC side. (i.e. all the selecting/requests for both uploading/downloading would be on the PC and the device wouldn't need to be accessible to the user).

For uploading files when I tried the DesktopPushVB and the DeviceListener I get a "Forbidden, final", message anytime I try and send a file. the PC is W7, and the device is Windows Mobile 6.5 (it's a mobile scanner).

Can anyone explain to me what is causing this? And is this the best route for uploading files to the device? If possible I would really rather not even have a listener, but if it's the only way there's not much I can do.

Many thanks!
-Wright
Feb 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Was able to resolve this by editing the registry as mentioned on this article:

http://32feet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=One%20Active%20Server&referringTitle=Server-side

(Note: It should be changed to include the fact that you want to edit the IsEnabled key.)

Still curious if anyone has any input on the best way to set up back and forth file transfers between the PC and device (It will always be the same files going both ways).
Developer
Feb 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM
We're is the IsEnabled value?

If you want to use OBEX but without having to change the device configuration then change the Service Class Id to a new Unique value. I don't think we have constructors to pass in a custom Guid but that shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.