This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Vague installation instructions

Topics: Bluetooth - Widcomm/Broadcom
Jul 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Edited Jul 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to get this library working with my current project.  I have a Broadcomm Bluetooth stack and followed the instructions to copy and paste the DLL's into my Visual Studio project folder.  After, I ran the EXE within that same folder, and everything seemed to be fine in the console that popped up.  I tried running some test code, but I am getting the "Bluetooth stack not supported" exception, even though I've followed the installation instructions.  Is there something I am missing?  I have used my Bluetooth device before in several other languages so I know it is common and well supported.  Thanks.

Developer
Jul 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Have you made any progress?

Are the two DLLs you pasted also alongside your own application exe?  For instance in the the project output folder, e.g. in "...\bin\Debug\"

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Yes, I ended up figuring it out.  I was able to turn on the logging and found out that I somehow mixed up the NETCF EXE with the correct one.  I deleted everything and started over with the two correct DLL's and it worked.  Thanks, and nice library!