This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

I want to write an app that communicate with rfcomm using C#,which bt stack is the best one?

Topics: Bluetooth - BlueSoliel, Bluetooth - Microsoft, Bluetooth - Widcomm/Broadcom
Jul 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Edited Jul 2, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Just want to use it in testing bt spp modules.

Now my solution is as following, but the test speed is very slow, so want to write an app to speed up.

My current solution: installed bluesoleil, write an vc project that can communicate via virtual serial port,first scan and pair in bluesoleil, then open my app ,open the found serial port in bluesoleil, choose and open , then communicate data(write and read), if the data rate is normal ,then pass.But the speed is so slow.

My favorite is integrate these steps into one app( scan ,select the device with strong rssi, pair, connect, transmit data, then show test result). So I want to use microsoft bt stack(xp sp2 or win7?) and 32feet lib to implement it. Or the widcomm or bluesoleil?

As I found in the wiki, xp sp2 does not support live scan, so I think win7 is better if I use microsoft bt stack. And I think the using socket is better than serial port, is it?

PS: some of the modules support simple pairing and some just use "0000" as pair pin code.

Chris

Developer
Jul 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Yup. I agree with everything there I think: Sockets is better than virtual serial ports; MSFT Bluetooth stack is best (more robust and most easily programmed); and Windows 7 is better than XP. :-)  Look at using BluetoothWin32Authentication with a callback for authentication, then its only involved when not already authenticated.