Connection Broken when application aborts

Topics: Bluetooth - Microsoft
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I was having an issue where a bluetooth device could become semi-permanently broken if the application was aborted while they were connected by the 32feet API.  Subsequent attempts to re-connect would fail until I manually removed the device profile through Device Manager or the Bluetooth Devices list.

I have not been able to reproduce the issue since updating to version 3.3.909.0.  Was this a known issue that was solved, or did I just get lucky?

Developer
Apr 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

What platform?  Microsoft stack (BluetoothRadio.PrimaryRadio.SoftwareManufacturer?) and Windows desktop or Mobile? Can you remember what the error was?

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I've been unable to reproduce this problem by reverting, my apologies for the uselessly vague error report.  I will let you know if I can reproduce it again, but otherwise I think we need to ignore it for the time being.

I am using InTheHand.Net.Bluetooth.Msft.WindowsBluetoothRadio on Windows 7 64bit in a 32 bit process.

Developer
Jul 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

BTW if the remote device only allows one connection then you'd have to wait the Link Supervision timeout before you could connect to it again -- probably 20seconds.